Erin started her practice in the commercial litigation group at Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP (now Fox Rothschild LLP). She left private practice to join General Mills where she spent over a decade working on a wide range of legal matters in marketing, sales, supply chain and antitrust counseling.
Erin has deep expertise in a variety of commercial matters. Her experiences include antitrust, trade and price counseling, litigation oversight, negotiating and drafting supply and sale-side contracts, brokerage agreements, distribution agreements, marketing and advertising, sweepstakes, joint development agreements, research agreements, food law and labeling, issues management, M&A and minority investments. She also offers negotiation training and the full array of antitrust compliance training.
Erin’s practice most often involves long-term assignments and other roles where she integrates herself into the business and/or legal department of her clients. She spends much of her time serving as outside antitrust and trade counsel. She is also well suited to address complex project management, cover leaves of absences, manage projects during a recruitment campaign or handle a wide variety of overflow in-house legal work.
Contact Erin by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling her at (612) 599-8142.
- Successfully negotiated and drafted multi-million dollar sales agreements with some of the country’s largest retailers.
- Negotiated and drafted multi-million dollar supply agreements, contract manufacturing agreements and strategic supply alliances.
- Designed the legal structure for several major manufacturers’ supply chain organizations, including contract manufacturing agreements, supply agreements, and purchase order terms and conditions.
- The acquisition and divestiture of branded food companies, including the divestiture of the Green Giant frozen vegetable business.
- Successfully argued before the 8th Circuit in a case involving a train derailment that ultimately resulted in the complete dismissal of the multi-party mass tort action by the District Court of Nebraska on the basis of federal preemption. In re Derailment Cases
- Obtained dismissal of securities fraud allegations against Arthur Anderson LLP, establishing favorable precedent in the District of Minnesota governing the scope of accountant liability for misstatements in interim financial disclosures. In re Rural Cellular Securities Litigation
- Represented American Express in litigation challenging the management and fees associated with a portfolio of commercial bank loan derivatives worth over a billion dollars. American Express v. ING Capital Advisors
- Successfully managed all aspects of the sale of a medical practice, including the sale of the business and its equipment, HIPAA compliance and medical record retention requirements, patient outreach and lease negotiations.
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP (now Fox Rothschild LLP)
- General Mills, Inc.
- American Bar Association Antitrust Division
- Children’s Law Center Volunteer Attorney
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section, Food, Drug & Device Law Section
- University of Minnesota Law School, magna cum laude
- University of St. Thomas, Finance and Accounting, magna cum laude