Kathy and her family recently relocated to Minneapolis from San Antonio, Texas, where she had served as the Original Proceedings Staff Attorney to the Fourth Court of Appeals since 2013. Her role at the Court involved responsibility for complex legal research and drafting of opinions for seven Justices, and management of the docket of majority, concurring and dissenting opinions through to publication.
Kathy started her legal career in 2004 as a Briefing Attorney to the Honorable Justice Phylis J. Speedlin, an Associate Appellate Justice at the Fourth Court of Appeals in Texas. After completing this one-year position, Kathy went on to become an associate and then shareholder at Clemens & Spencer, P.C. where her litigation practice included representation of attorneys and other professionals in malpractice and fiduciary litigation, commercial and corporate litigation, personal injury and products liability matters, and contract and policy review for corporate clients. Kathy handled litigation matters up to and including trial and appeal, arbitration cases, mediations, administrative law matters and grievances before professional review and licensing boards. Kathy also developed an appellate practice which included briefing appeals before several Texas intermediate Courts of Appeal, the Texas Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Contact Kathy by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling her at (612) 573-3661.
- Minnesota 2018
- Texas 2004
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Original Proceedings Staff Attorney, Fourth Court of Appeals of Texas 2013-2016
- Associate and Shareholder, Clemens & Spencer, P.C. 2005-2013
- Briefing Attorney, Fourth Court of Appeals of Texas 2004-2005
- Law Clerk, Higdon, Hardy & Zuflacht, L.L.P. 2003
- Judicial Intern, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas 2002
- Texas Department of Protective & Regulatory Services 1993-2001
- American Law Institute member, elected 2011
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star 2007, 2008
- Former Adjunct Professor, St. Mary’s University School of Law, Legal Research & Writing/li>
St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. 2004
- St. Mary’s Law Journal- Staff Writer 2002-2003, Symposium Editor 2003-2004
The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- M.S., Child & Family Development 1993
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S., Psychology 1991