Defends clients in a wide variety of class actions.
REPRESENTATIVE CLASS ACTION EXPERIENCE:
- Won pre-discovery summary judgment in federal court on behalf of ATM owner in class action litigation.
- Lead defense counsel for one of the largest egg producers in the United States in In Re: Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, (MDL No 2002 E.D. PA.), a nationwide class action consolidated in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. The direct purchaser class case settled against client for no economic renumeration. The claims of several opt-out plaintiffs are proceeding.
- Defended a national retail chain in a class action alleging the false and deceptive labeling of organic milk.
- Defended a California food grower in an employment class action alleging violations of California’s wage and hour laws.
- Worked on numerous antitrust class actions, including: In re Cathrode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation (MDL No. 05-cv-0979(N.D. Cali.)); In re Ready-Mixed Concrete Antitrust Litigation (05-cv-0979 (S.D. Ind.)); and Bulk Graphite Antitrust Litigation (D. N.J.).
- Involved in various other class actions, including: Activated Carbon-Based Hunting Clothing Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 2059 D. Minn.) (Consumer fraud claims against outdoor clothing companies for false advertising); and Lawnmower Engines Horsepower Marketing & Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 1999 E.D. Wis.) (Alleging RICO, consumer fraud, civil conspiracy and unjust enrichment claims against manufacturers of lawn mowers and lawn mower engines).