Business Litigation And Counsel
- Commercial Complex Litigation
Dan focuses his legal practice on complex commercial litigation and has experience litigating a broad range of issues including contract disputes, secured transactions, statutory violations, and commercial torts. He earned his law degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Prior to law school, Dan gained valuable experience working in public accounting where he acquired a unique understanding of multiple business sectors. He spent two years as a Certified Public Accountant analyzing Fortune 500 companies' financial statements.
Utilizing his accounting experience, Dan has successfully represented a variety of clients through various legal problems, including representing wrongfully-terminated sales representatives, defending and prosecuting breaches of contract, and defending against civil conspiracy, tortious interference with a contract, and negligence claims. Dan has also been counsel to special litigation committees, which conduct investigations of shareholder derivative claims.
Before joining Rock Hutchinson, Dan was an associate in a reputable Minneapolis full-service firm. Before that, he clerked for the Honorable Christian S. Wilton.
Contact Dan by emailing him at [email protected] or by calling him at 612-573-3668.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Honors: cum laude
- University of St. Thomas
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Accounting and Financial Management
- Minnesota Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Kokocinski v. Collins, 850 F.3d 354 (8th Cir. 2017), cert denied, 138 S. Ct. 645 (2018). Represented Special Litigation Committee in Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and in opposition to petition for certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court.
- Davis, et al. v. Steinhafel, et al., 14-cv-00203 (PAM/JJK) (D. Minn. 2016). Represented Target Special Litigation Committee during 21-month investigation.
- Abbasi v. Leading Edge Aviation Services, Inc., 16-cv-295 (ADM/KMM) (D. Minn. 2017). Obtained summary judgment on behalf of defendant in negligence action in federal court.
- Merchants Bank Equipment Finance v. TCF Equipment Finance, 18-cv-3312 (JNE/ECW) (D. Minn. 2018). Represented bank in enforcing priority rights for a purchase money security interest under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Honorable Christian S. Wilton, Clerk