Strong And Effective Representation In Business Litigation
Rock Hutchinson, PLLP, represents clients in a broad range of business and commercial litigation cases. The firm’s attorneys have decades of experience navigating business disputes in state and federal courts, and arbitration. They have a proven track record of success in high-stakes cases. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, they represent clients in state and federal courts nationwide.
Business clients in a wide range of industries rely on the firm for skilled advocacy in disputes ranging from simple to highly complex, including:
- Contract law
- Corporate governance
- Unfair competition (or antitrust) law
- Intellectual property law
- Investor claims
- Class action claims
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial torts
- Trademark infringement actions
- Software Licensing
The firm’s attorneys have a reputation for being strategic, results-driven advocates who know how to preserve business relationships between parties engaged in litigation. While they represent businesses in a wide range of sectors, they have extensive experience representing clients in the food, beverage and agribusiness, healthcare, and banking and finance industries
Representative Business And Commercial Litigation Experience
- Won pre-discovery summary judgment in federal court on behalf of ATM owner in class action litigation.
- Lead defense counsel for one of the largest egg producers in the United States in In Re: Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, (MDL No 2002 E.D. PA.), a nationwide class action consolidated in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. The direct purchaser class case settled against client for no economic remuneration. The claims of several opt-out plaintiffs are proceeding.
- Negotiated an early $0 settlement on behalf of a local bank in an Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) lawsuit.
- Won summary judgment dismissing with prejudice seven-figure claims against a leading provider of drug-delivery technology to the health care industry.
- Represented global food and beverage company in food labeling lawsuit.
- Defended a national retail chain in a class action alleging the false and deceptive labeling of organic milk.
- Won dismissal of seven figure claims against an electronic toll road business. The claims included contractual, commercial tort and intellectual property issues.
- Defended a California food grower in an employment class action alleging violations of California’s wage and hour laws.
- Resolved a product liability claim against a beverage client brought by a consumer.
- Obtained a $0 settlement on behalf of a beverage client in an action alleging claims of trademark infringement and unfair competition under the Lanham Act in federal court in Minnesota.
- Negotiated a non-monetary settlement on behalf of a food company in a trademark infringement action venued in the Western District of Texas.
- Settled case just prior to trial for significant sum in favor of Australian investment banking firm against joint venturer accused of misappropriation of corporate opportunity and breach of fiduciary duty during development of a biodiesel refinery.
- Obtained favorable resolution for a biofuel client against an engineering firm hired to construct a biofuel refinery based on claims of professional malpractice and fraud.
- Effectively enforced noncompete agreement against former employee and new employer.
- Worked on numerous antitrust class actions, including: In re: Cathrode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation (MDL No. 05-cv-0979(N.D. Cali.)); In re: Ready-Mixed Concrete Antitrust Litigation (05-cv-0979 (S.D. Ind.)); and Bulk Graphite Antitrust Litigation (D. N.J.).
- Involved in various other class actions, including: Activated Carbon-Based Hunting Clothing Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 2059 D. Minn.) (Consumer fraud claims against outdoor clothing companies for false advertising); and Lawnmower Engines Horsepower Marketing & Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 1999 E.D. Wis.) (Alleging RICO, consumer fraud, civil conspiracy and unjust enrichment claims against manufacturers of lawn mowers and lawn mower engines.)