Defending Businesses In Landmark Class Action Cases
Rock Hutchinson, PLLP, in Minneapolis defends clients in a wide variety of class actions claims across a broad spectrum of industries. The firm’s attorneys have a wealth of experience representing businesses nationwide, from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
The firm has a strong track record of success in handling all aspects of class action proceedings, including:
- Motions to dismiss
- Motions in opposition to conditional class certification proceedings
- Motions in opposition to final class certification proceedings
The firm’s lawyers are well-versed in state and federal business litigation and have successfully handled numerous landmark cases.
Representative Class Action Experience
- Won pre-discovery summary judgment in federal court on behalf of ATM owner in class action litigation.
- Lead defense counsel for one of the largest egg producers in the United States in In re: Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, (MDL No 2002 E.D. PA.), a nationwide class action consolidated in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. The direct purchaser class case settled against client for no economic remuneration. The claims of several opt-out plaintiffs are proceeding.
- Defended a national retail chain in a class action alleging the false and deceptive labeling of organic milk.
- Defended a California food grower in an employment class action alleging violations of California’s wage and hour laws.
- Worked on numerous antitrust class actions, including: In re: Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation (MDL No. 05-cv-0979(N.D. Cali.)); In re: Ready-Mixed Concrete Antitrust Litigation (05-cv-0979 (S.D. Ind.)); and Bulk Graphite Antitrust Litigation (D. N.J.).
- Involved in various other class actions, including: Activated Carbon-Based Hunting Clothing Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 2059 D. Minn.) (Consumer fraud claims against outdoor clothing companies for false advertising); and Lawnmower Engines Horsepower Marketing & Sales Practices Litigation (MDL No. 1999 E.D. Wis.) (Alleging RICO, consumer fraud, civil conspiracy and unjust enrichment claims against manufacturers of lawn mowers and lawn mower engines).